From the founding years to world market leader
The founding years of InnoLas: from service provider to plant manufacturer
- January 1995: InnoLas is founded in Gräfelfing by Reinhard Kelnberger, Andreas Behr and Richard Grundmüller.
- Original plan: Appearance as service provider for laser systems
- Entry into micro material processing, especially wafer marking (codes, part numbers) and ceramic processing (drilling, scribing)
- 1997: First machine order from the company Curamik, other large customers followed: Haldeman Porret, Reinhardt Microtech, Radeberger, BOSCH
Entry into the photovoltaic business & SiLas
- 2003: Entry into the crystalline photovoltaic business (focus: and laser edge isolation).
- First customers: Photovoltech, Q-Cells
- 2005: Spin-off of SiLas (silicon laser) from InnoLas and sale of SiLas to Oerlikon Group
From InnoLas to the InnoLas Group
- 2005: Foundation of InnoLas Holding
- December 2008: Split of InnoLas into three GmbHs,
- InnoLas Systems: Development, production and sales of laser micromaterial processing systems; focus on photovoltaics and ceramics
- InnoLas Semiconductor : Development, production and sales of wafer marking systems and wafer sorting systems
- InnoLas Laser : Development, production and sales of laser sources for scientific and medical applications.
- October 2014: InnoLas Photonics founded under InnoLas Laser: development, production and sales of industrial laser sources.
InnoLas Systems: slump in photovoltaic business and diversification
- Early 2010: massive overcapacity in the photovoltaic market
- 2011: Peak sales of InnoLas Systems with ~ 40 million Euro.
- Slump in photovoltaic business and development of a worldwide unique laser-based cutting technology for glass
Founding years of InnoLas Solutions
- Spin-off of InnoLas Solutions from InnoLas Systems to manage the business in the photovoltaic and electronics sector
- Sale of InnoLas Systems (today Corning Laser Technologies GmbH) to Corning
- Markus Nicht takes over as managing director of InnoLas Solutions
From InnoLas Solutions to the Photonics Systems Group
- May 2018: majority sale of InnoLas Solutions to CGS Management AG and foundation of Photonics Systems Group
- May 2019: Launch of the DIVIDOS platform for laser depaneling of printed circuit boards by InnoLas Solutions.
- August 2019: Launch of the EXPEGO platform for laser drilling of printed circuit boards by InnoLas Solutions