PCB depaneling with laser
Fast, economical, reliable and clean
Increasing demands on printed circuit boards require new production methods. Laser systems from InnoLas Solutions increase the quality and reliability of your products while reducing production costs.
Our lasers produce perfectly clean cut edges, without residues, dust or carbonization. The possible elimination of pre-routing structures means that considerably more assemblies can be arranged per panel in the full-cut process. In addition, higher throughputs can be achieved than with conventional processes because several processing units can work in parallel on one job. This saves costs while at the same time improving quality.
Depaneling - taken to a whole new level
Advantages of laser depaneling compared to alternative manufacturing processes
- Several process units per machine work simultaneously. This can significantly improve processing times of conventional manufacturing methods.
- Reduction of material usage – PCB material savings through PCB designs without pre-routing. The laser requires almost no PCB area in the processing zone in the full-cut process.
- No thermal energy input in the cutting zone for cold ablation.
- Highest accuracies up to 5 µm
- No mechanical stress or damage due to non-contact and vibration-free separation
- Reduction of failure rates in the end application; reliability of the circuits is significantly improved
- Reduction of cleaning effort and no need to change tools
- 100% technical cleanliness of the cutting edge
- Dust-free machining (due to evaporation and extraction of the material)
- Flexibility and material diversity, we have the right laser for almost any material.
- Complex cutting contours and small radii without additional set-up times
- Technical cleanliness: carbonization-free processing, no burning of the material
- 100% reproducible process quality through cross-machine and calibrated process parameters. Also from machine to machine!
- All from one source: High and flexible level of automation through stand-alone or as part of a fully integrated production line. We offer complete automation solutions.
- High-precision cuts, free of dust and carbonization.
Depaneling with laser machines from InnoLas Solutions
InnoLas Solutions is the market leader in depaneling printed circuit boards of all materials with a precision of +- 5 µm. With over 2,000 systems worldwide, we are one of the most successful global players in the field of depaneling of printed circuit boards.
With our highly flexible, modular plant concepts, we supply the right machine for every processing and manufacturing process. Whether you need stand-alone equipment or highly complex, fully automated production lines (including further process steps such as inspection or sorting), InnoLas Solutions is your one-stop shop.
A choice of laser options and different system features depending on the application, allows you to find the right balance between cost and quality for your depaneling applications.
For both special applications and high volume production, InnoLas Solutions is the right partner for you. We will be happy to assist you in selecting the perfect solution for you with regard to our various options:
- Laser sources: Nano-, pico- or femptosecond lasers in common wavelengths from Ir to ultraviolet are standard with us.
- Substrate size: Modular plant concepts offer a suitable basic machine for every substrate size
- Degree of automation: a stand-alone or a fully integrated production line (Industry 4.0-capable) from a single source
Frequently Asked Questions about Laser Depaneling / Depaneling
Compared to mechanical depaneling processes (milling, tamping), InnoLas laser depaneling offers you many economic advantages:
- Fast production processes, more throughput
- No change or wear of the mold
Longer machine life (freedom from wear)
- Less material loss due to more filigree contour guides and closer positioning
- Less scrap due to contactless, vibration-free cutting
- Higher product quality and less scrap, also in the after-sales of the end product
With InnoLas Solutions laser depaneling solutions, the heat input is not significant (HAZ heat affection zone not critical). We use ultra-short pulse lasers that do not heat the material.
Instead of burning and forming soot, the material vaporizes directly in a quasi-cold process. The cut edges are therefore absolutely clean and 100% free of carbonization.
Due to the full automation with up to eight laser heads (multi-head system with Multi Beam Technology), a multiple speed of a conventional milling system is already achieved.
Marking on-the-fly (MOF)” perfectly synchronizes the movement of the panel with the movement of the laser beam. This saves about 40% machining time.
The integration of an optimized scanner increases the accuracy in machining and the throughput in production, thus generating added value for the customer. +/- 5 µm accuracy is achieved by the modular systems from InnoLas Solutions. Here, stitching errors are avoided by the overall processing of the sample, and highly precise processing is guaranteed by Pulse on Demand (POD). Our machines thus control and regulate the amount of energy entered at each location on the components, regardless of the complexity of the layout. At the same time, throughput is increased, since traverse paths and subsequent calibration as well as downtimes are eliminated.