Scribing printed circuit boards with the laser
Fast, flexible and without residues
Scribing is a process used to pre-separate printed circuit boards. Predetermined breaking points are created at the panel edges in order to break them later quickly and easily along the predetermined breaking point.
All printed circuit boards with a thickness of 0.3 mm to 2mm can be scribed.
Advantages of laser scribing
- No mechanical stress or damage due to non-contact and vibration-free scribing
- Increase in yield: reliability of the circuits is significantly improved
- Reduction of material usage due to optimal utilization of panels
- Technical cleanliness of the cutting edge
- Dust-free machining (due to evaporation and extraction of the material)
- Flexibility with regard to material variety
- Complex cutting contours without additional set-up times
- Carbonization-free: no burning of the material
- Reproducible process quality through cross-machine and calibrated process parameters
- Flexible degree of automation: stand-alone or as part of a fully integrated production line
Scribing printed circuit boards with laser machines from InnoLas Solutions
InnoLas Solutions is the market leader in depaneling printed circuit boards of any material with a precision of up to +- 5 µm. With over 2,000 machines installed worldwide, we are the most successful company in the field of depaneling of printed circuit boards.
We supply the right machine for every processing and manufacturing process. Choosing the right laser and selecting the right options in the machine catalog, allows you to find the right balance between cost and quality for your depaneling applications.
For both special applications and high volume production, InnoLas Solutions is the right partner. We will be happy to assist you in selecting the perfect solution for you:
- Laser sources: ultraviolet, green and infrared lasers with pulse durations in the nanosecond and picosecond range.
- Substrate size: small and large working areas covering all standard formats up to 30 x 30 inches
- Automation level: stand-alone or as part of a fully integrated production line (Industry 4.0 capable).