Structuring of circuit boards
Fast, economical and without residues
For almost 20 years, laser structuring has made it possible to define electronic traces directly on the printed circuit board in series production. Thanks to this stable and reliable process, smartphones, hearing aids, medical devices and sensors, for example, are becoming ever smaller, more powerful and allow complex, flexible, geometric shapes and designs of all kinds without the use of masking processes and etching methods.
With our next-generation, high-tech CAD data-driven laser process, we can create traces in double-sided, as well as rigid or flexible PCBs, multilayers and high-performance circuits in minutes.
A high-speed laser achieves scan rates of up to 50m / sec. Positioning accuracy is within 10µm.
Laser structuring can reduce the pad diameter on the PCB from 300 to less than 100µm and the pad pitch of the components down to 0.3m.
Advantages of laser structuring compared to alternative methods
- Laser structuring of the copper top layer of printed circuit boards with minimal damage to the underlying material (dielectric).
- Creation of very fine structures < 10 µm with high precision and repeatability.
- Exact geometries can be imaged on a wide variety of materials
(FR4, aluminum-coated PET films, ceramics, etc.)
- Number of conventional process steps is reduced while increasing flexibility in geometry
- Disposal costs for environmentally harmful materials and residues are significantly reduced
- Unlimited processing of layouts
- Economical and efficient
Structuring with laser machines from InnoLas Solutions
InnoLas Solutions is the market leader in structuring printed circuit boards of any material with a precision of up to +- 5 µm.
We supply the right machine for every processing and manufacturing process. A choice of laser options and different system features depending on the application, allows you to find the right balance between cost and quality for your depaneling applications.
For both special applications and high volume production, InnoLas Solutions is the right partner. We will be happy to assist you in selecting the perfect solution for you:
- Laser sources: ultraviolet, green and infrared lasers with pulse durations in the nanosecond and picosecond range.
- Substrate size: small and large working areas covering all standard formats up to 30 x 30 inches
- Automation level: stand alone or as part of a fully integrated production line (Industry 4.0 capable).